Nature & Energy Insights
Are you living in dirty bath water?
weight from the news media, the stock market, work, and other external influences that barrage us with negative information or overall negativity. This is true right now especially. The feelings can feel heavy, irritating and even exhausting.
Now, with kids home-schooling, and/or everyone from work, school, or elsewhere discussing negative information, you’re getting an influx of negative energy that can be difficult to avoid. That’s true whether those emotions come and go, like the evening news, or remain consistently due to a continuum of negative media, work realities or other influences. Multiply that by the number of people with whom you share a household and that’s a lot of “dirty bath water”. In my energy practice, I had one mother grappling with her parents visiting from outside the U.S. and constantly worrying if they’d be able to fly back home, her husband feeling negativity about the news, her young son having pent-up energy unable to play at school with friends, and a newborn baby at home to care for. She sought my help to alleviate her anxiety and to help her newborn infant as well. It turns out that she was indeed taking on a great deal from her environment, and not only that, but her infant had been absorbing an excess of stress hormones from both parents, which I worked to clear straight away!
You yourself may have even made a commitment to avoid negativity as much as possible. But you’re still feeling irritable, sad, or helpless and don’t know why. It’s possibly that “dirty bath water” of negativity in your environment.
Don’t Despair! You can “clean" that bath water
It may sound ominous but there is good news! Even if others in your home are listening to negative media or engaging in social commentary about the same, or tend towards more negativity in general, you can “cleanse” that home environment. You do this by raising the vibration to more positive energy in the home with a few tools available to everyone. Some of these tools are listed on my website here, and I include some examples below.
1. Sound – We are all energy, and of course sound is no exception. There are many higher vibration sounds that we can listen to that literally shift that energy to a more positive vibration in our homes. Great examples of positive sounds, easily found on YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music and elsewhere, include:
3. Incense and sage – Burning incense and sage isn’t for those sensitive to them of course, but there are pleasant aromas available that are lighter than more “traditional” incense. Sage itself has a powerful vibration to it, and in this author’s opinion is quite earthy and enjoyable. I often go out to my garden and enjoy clipping the sage flowers as they emit that potent aroma. Of course, just like with candles, always keep an eye on anything that you burn in your home. Open a window, and enjoy the fragrance and uplifting feeling that you get from the shift when these are burned.
And for you personally, there are a few other example practices, below. You can always share these rituals with others in your home, and bring goodness to all of the members of your household!
1. Gratitude – You might consider writing down ~3-5 things daily for which you’re grateful. This shifts your energy to a higher, more positive vibration. It helps put life in context and gives you richer meaning in your life despite many things that may otherwise trouble you.
2. Earthing or Grounding – Yes, this is your excuse to step out into the yard barefoot! Synchronizing our bodies with the earth’s core energy grounds us, and helps our bodies. For more on the benefits of synchronizing our body’s electrons with those of the earth, just go online or read a recent research paper on the topic here.
What is the Mirror saying?
In the meantime, you can practice mindfulness and pay attention to any lessons you may be getting from the negativity. Our interactions with others and the emotions it stirs in us can also be a mirror for what is going on in our own lives that we need to investigate at a deeper level.
Negative Emotions are ok – as long as they don’t linger
Of course, we all experience negative emotions – that is all a part of being human. This isn’t about avoiding our emotions. The key is to be able to handle them, process them through in due course, and then move along with life. You can be angry, frustrated, sad, and other negative emotions. But your intuition will guide you as to whether those negative feelings have remained too long and are starting to impact your relationships and your ongoing outlook on life. Tune into your intuition and notice your state of being …
I hope these tips help you to keep your home “clean and clear” – full of positive energy, a state of well-being for all in your home, and hopefulness for the future. Of course, if you use these tools and find that you still need assistance, my energy practice is always here. Just like the lady in the story above, sometimes we just get overwhelmed and need some extra assistance along the way. Meanwhile, here’s to the “cleanliness” of our thoughts, feelings, and emotions to get us through what remains of 2020 and beyond!!
Why is this important? Because whatever we spend time in – using our thoughts, our communications with others, our inner self-talk - we’ll attract more of it. So if we sit ruminating on a past wrong or situation, we’re going to attract more of that low vibration feeling. We might pay lip service to “leaving the past behind” but then still sit and obsess or ruminate about it. Those negative ruminations are hurting us ….
"Where Attention goes, energy flows..." - James Redfield
Staying stuck in the “mud” of lower vibration
Here are a few examples:
1. You don’t like the situation at work. Interactions with colleagues, the work itself, your boss, whatever it is. You know you want to change jobs. Because it bothers you so much, you talk with your spouse or significant other, closest friends, family about it. Sometimes every day, or several times a week or month.
2. Someone in your life may have hurt you, “wronged” you in some way. Perhaps it was an argument. Perhaps you just disagree on the approach to something in your lives – co-parenting, how to take care of aging parents, etc. Because it bothers you so much, you talk about it to your closest friends or others. Sometimes every day, or several times a week or month.
3. You’ve been given a medical diagnosis and then a negative prognosis by your doctor. You naturally start having feelings of SADNESS, FEAR, FRUSTRATION, DISAPPOINTMENT. Because it naturally(!) bothers you so much, you talk about it with your spouse or significant other, medical staff, others who are experiencing the same, your closest family and friends. Sometimes every day, or several times a week or month. Note: If you’re handling some very BIG, life-changing news, you may very well need time in this stage for a longer period. You need time to assimilate the news, understand it, and even potentially go through the stages of grief about it. This is not an exercise of forcing you NOT to feel these feelings. You absolutely need to feel them and go through the stages that you must in order to assimilate the new information. Be kind and non-judgmental to yourself during this time.
In these examples, you re-tell the story, staying in the dirty ‘mud’ of those feelings and recounting them to yourself and others many times over. That mud, that crud, is continuing to encircle you and it’s now getting those you love “dirty” with that energy along with you. They may, in fact, subconsciously realize before you do that being with you in these conversations doesn’t feel good to them. As a result, they could choose to distance themselves for a time. Again, this could all be happening subconsciously – their intuition may just tell them that it doesn’t feel good. (Again, noting in the context of big life-changing news, your loved ones will naturally be there for you - this is not that.)
“Whatever you’re thinking about is literally like planning a future event...." - Abraham-Hicks
Ramifications of “mud wrestling”
There are several ramifications to this, beyond losing the time with your loved ones. Now that you’re sitting in that vibration:
-You’re attracting more of it to you. This is why some days it just seems things don’t go right, or everyone is out to frustrate you or anger you in some way, or you just feel that the day’s “yuckiness” is too much for you to handle.
-This “mud” doesn’t allow in the fresh, shiny, clean new desired state. The joy that you would otherwise get from thinking about a positive new change can put you into a higher vibration. But you’re depriving yourself of that higher vibration – and attracting more of that to you – because, well, you’re stuck in the mud. (See Note above if you’re experiencing a major change.)
Take a bath! …. In positive vibration, that is!
So now let’s use the examples above to put you on the right trajectory, using what I call the “Vibrational shift line”.
1.“Vibrational shift line”
2. Morning Visualization: To the right of this line, this is where you want to put your attention – every day until “it is so”. Start out each morning holding this vision in your mind’s eye.
3. "Quick 3": Add to this visualization every morning, a list of at least 3 things for which you’re grateful. It could literally be ANYthing – the beautiful blue sky, your good health, the song of birds in your yard or local park, the smile on a child’s face, the greeting your pet gives you…. When you start the daily momentum of putting energy to finding what you have to be grateful for, the list can actually become infinite. (Note: If you're interested in the quantum physics behind "why" this works, you can tune into Re-Wired on Gaia TV.)
If you’re struggling with potentially life-changing news, see my NOTE above. I would also encourage you to:
Going forward, think of this “Vibrational shift line” when you are ready to call change into your life. Whether you use the words MANIFEST, CHANGE, VIBRATIONALLY SHIFT, CORRECT or other word – be sure to spend your time thinking about a time AFTER today’s intersection point. Stay in the “feeling good” space – looking forward, raising your vibration, and thinking about all that is GOOD with life, and how good it’s going to be in the future!
For more daily practices that you can incorporate into your life to feel a higher vibrational shift, please visit my page of free Self-empowered Healing tools. If you feel that you would prefer or like the help of a practitioner or coach, still have blocks to your abundance, in your career, or in other areas of our life, you have options. Sometimes we come here with inherited (or even those from past lives) trapped emotions or other energy imbalances - not really understanding why we're generally negative, or find it impossible to be optimistic. If this sounds like your situation, I would be honored to help you in my practice. I wish you a life filled with vibrational shifts from anything you choose to change - to live your life to your highest potential! Until then, blessings to all of you -
Whether you are a nature lover or not, you can probably relate. Do you ever get caught up in your mind’s obsessions about work, an argument you had with your significant other, a family issue, etc.? The impact these ruminations have on our psyche is not good. That’s where mindfulness comes in. As you open yourself up to be in the present moment, esp outside in nature – notice the fragrance in the air, the bird in the tree, the sensation of your foot steps on a pebble or the dirt. Doing so, you begin to separate from the drama, the “stuck” feeling, frustration or other negative emotion of your thoughts. You broaden your perspective and open up to the newfound energy from your immediate experience here and now - the awareness of just “what is” all around you. Just like you’ve been missing out on what’s in nature, you’re probably missing out on what’s happening to the loved ones in your life. Your nephew or niece, son or daughter, or grandchild has a new toy they want to share with you. Your loved one wants to seek your advice on a work issue. Your friend needs your shoulder ….. The more we open to the present moment, the more we experience what’s truly important. When you come back to your earlier rumination, it feels a lot less “dense” or heavy, less significant, or of less importance overall. In fact, you may have discovered an entirely new approach to the problem you hadn’t had the “room” to discover before.
Yesterday, I was out walking my dogs between rainstorms. I committed to being present for them– knowing they would enjoy this time after being cooped up in the house during the storms. Rather than rushing their joy because I had another agenda, I just let them be dogs – taking in every scent they could along the way. As we walked, enjoying the present moment, I began to get a “feeling” that something was about to happen in nature. As I walked, I could hear Cedar Waxwings nearby. We circled the block and on the sidewalk before me, in front of house after house, was berry “debris”. Still listening for the Waxwings, I wondered “Do Robins and Waxwings eat the same berries? Do they ever forage together?” And nature responded. One or two houses down, amidst the quiet of this day, I could hear the fluttering that could only be birds – LOTS of them - softly flying among leaves around the tree. I looked up to see an entire flock of Robins flying in and out, grabbing berries, arguing between themselves. I stood for the longest while, enjoying this moment with nature – Robins doing what they need to do to survive, eating as many berries as possible until they were satiated and grew quiet and still. And there among them? Cedar Waxwings of course! I was elated! I decided to take advantage of their current “food coma” pause after the big meal to run the dogs home, grab the camera and get back to the scene. And when I returned, there they still sat – looking plump and content. What beautiful birds….
Had I been ruminating, had I not been in the present moment with the dogs, I likely wouldn’t have noticed these beautiful birds. Lifted by their beauty and these precious moments with them, I felt ‘lighter’, grateful for nature’s beauty and the opportunity to experience it. The rain may be coming back but the dogs and I had had our moments in the fresh air – and returned home refreshed.
What might you be missing in your life? Take a moment to be in the present moment - wherever you are. Breath in the fresh air. Listen for birdsong. Walk the dogs. Do whatever it is that lifts your heart. Whether you are already a nature lover or are starting to see the many benefits nature can bring to you, you can learn more about mindfulness and the benefits of the present moment from Oprah and Jon Kabat-Zinn here.
If my free online wellness tools aren't enough and you feel like you would still like the help of a practitioner to help "tune" you up and help you reach your highest potential, I'd be happy to work with you. In my practice, I work with many who are feeling anxiousness, low self-esteem, are working through life traumas or other realities that have been holding them back from their highest potential. If this is something that interests you, I look forward to working with you.
And if you should see a Cedar Waxwing or Robin in distress this time of year, please call your local wildlife rehabilitator or facility. Often these birds ingest fermented berries and as you can appreciate, “drinking and flying” don’t mix well. Working in wildlife rehab, I have encountered “drunk” Cedar Waxwings who just needed some time to ‘sober up’ and safely fly again. As always, thank you for caring for your local wildlife …. and enjoy the beauty of the winter season and all of its surprises!
Pamela, Eyes4Nature's proprietor, enjoying life out in the field among the animals and the peacefulness of nature.