Nature & Energy Insights
Why is this important? Because whatever we spend time in – using our thoughts, our communications with others, our inner self-talk - we’ll attract more of it. So if we sit ruminating on a past wrong or situation, we’re going to attract more of that low vibration feeling. We might pay lip service to “leaving the past behind” but then still sit and obsess or ruminate about it. Those negative ruminations are hurting us ….
"Where Attention goes, energy flows..." - James Redfield
Staying stuck in the “mud” of lower vibration
Here are a few examples:
1. You don’t like the situation at work. Interactions with colleagues, the work itself, your boss, whatever it is. You know you want to change jobs. Because it bothers you so much, you talk with your spouse or significant other, closest friends, family about it. Sometimes every day, or several times a week or month.
2. Someone in your life may have hurt you, “wronged” you in some way. Perhaps it was an argument. Perhaps you just disagree on the approach to something in your lives – co-parenting, how to take care of aging parents, etc. Because it bothers you so much, you talk about it to your closest friends or others. Sometimes every day, or several times a week or month.
3. You’ve been given a medical diagnosis and then a negative prognosis by your doctor. You naturally start having feelings of SADNESS, FEAR, FRUSTRATION, DISAPPOINTMENT. Because it naturally(!) bothers you so much, you talk about it with your spouse or significant other, medical staff, others who are experiencing the same, your closest family and friends. Sometimes every day, or several times a week or month. Note: If you’re handling some very BIG, life-changing news, you may very well need time in this stage for a longer period. You need time to assimilate the news, understand it, and even potentially go through the stages of grief about it. This is not an exercise of forcing you NOT to feel these feelings. You absolutely need to feel them and go through the stages that you must in order to assimilate the new information. Be kind and non-judgmental to yourself during this time.
In these examples, you re-tell the story, staying in the dirty ‘mud’ of those feelings and recounting them to yourself and others many times over. That mud, that crud, is continuing to encircle you and it’s now getting those you love “dirty” with that energy along with you. They may, in fact, subconsciously realize before you do that being with you in these conversations doesn’t feel good to them. As a result, they could choose to distance themselves for a time. Again, this could all be happening subconsciously – their intuition may just tell them that it doesn’t feel good. (Again, noting in the context of big life-changing news, your loved ones will naturally be there for you - this is not that.)
“Whatever you’re thinking about is literally like planning a future event...." - Abraham-Hicks
Ramifications of “mud wrestling”
There are several ramifications to this, beyond losing the time with your loved ones. Now that you’re sitting in that vibration:
-You’re attracting more of it to you. This is why some days it just seems things don’t go right, or everyone is out to frustrate you or anger you in some way, or you just feel that the day’s “yuckiness” is too much for you to handle.
-This “mud” doesn’t allow in the fresh, shiny, clean new desired state. The joy that you would otherwise get from thinking about a positive new change can put you into a higher vibration. But you’re depriving yourself of that higher vibration – and attracting more of that to you – because, well, you’re stuck in the mud. (See Note above if you’re experiencing a major change.)
Take a bath! …. In positive vibration, that is!
So now let’s use the examples above to put you on the right trajectory, using what I call the “Vibrational shift line”.
1.“Vibrational shift line”
2. Morning Visualization: To the right of this line, this is where you want to put your attention – every day until “it is so”. Start out each morning holding this vision in your mind’s eye.
3. "Quick 3": Add to this visualization every morning, a list of at least 3 things for which you’re grateful. It could literally be ANYthing – the beautiful blue sky, your good health, the song of birds in your yard or local park, the smile on a child’s face, the greeting your pet gives you…. When you start the daily momentum of putting energy to finding what you have to be grateful for, the list can actually become infinite. (Note: If you're interested in the quantum physics behind "why" this works, you can tune into Re-Wired on Gaia TV.)
If you’re struggling with potentially life-changing news, see my NOTE above. I would also encourage you to:
Going forward, think of this “Vibrational shift line” when you are ready to call change into your life. Whether you use the words MANIFEST, CHANGE, VIBRATIONALLY SHIFT, CORRECT or other word – be sure to spend your time thinking about a time AFTER today’s intersection point. Stay in the “feeling good” space – looking forward, raising your vibration, and thinking about all that is GOOD with life, and how good it’s going to be in the future!
For more daily practices that you can incorporate into your life to feel a higher vibrational shift, please visit my page of free Self-empowered Healing tools. If you feel that you would prefer or like the help of a practitioner or coach, still have blocks to your abundance, in your career, or in other areas of our life, you have options. Sometimes we come here with inherited (or even those from past lives) trapped emotions or other energy imbalances - not really understanding why we're generally negative, or find it impossible to be optimistic. If this sounds like your situation, I would be honored to help you in my practice. I wish you a life filled with vibrational shifts from anything you choose to change - to live your life to your highest potential! Until then, blessings to all of you -